To many Louisville, KY residents, a full head of hair represents attractiveness and desirability both personally and professionally. For this reason, it is vital to understand what effects a hair restoration procedure can have on your daily interactions with people and in all other aspects of your life. Hair Loss Transplant or Hair Restoration should be unnoticeable to all but those you tell.
The facts are that approximately 50 million men and approximately 30 million women, including many in Louisville, KY , suffer from male/female pattern baldness or thinning hair. Many potential patients shy-away from (or are not candidates for) the traditional “strip method” of hair replacement because of the slow recovery time, the loss of feeling at the incision site, the tiny linear scar on the back of the head, or the amount of post-operative pain involved.
After much research, we have chosen to offer the Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) method utilizing the NeoGraft Automated Hair Transplantation system. The FUE method of hair transplantation removes individual hair follicles from the scalp in their naturally occurring groupings of about 1-4 hairs and are then placed in the areas of the scalp where balding has occurred.
Reasons Why The NeoGraft Procedure Is The Solution:
- It is the least invasive procedure for hair transplantation
- Patients who receive the NeoGraft procedure feel little to no discomfort
- No stitches or staples are used in the NeoGraft procedure
- No unsightly linear scar
- Flexibility for any hair style of your choice, short or long
- Shorter recovery time - patients can typically go back to work the next day
- Fewer restrictions on your normal daily activities
- Natural looking results
Why Choose the NeoGraft Procedure?
The NeoGraft system is the first and only FDA cleared follicular unit harvesting and implantation system. The NeoGraft system delivers automation of the FUE technique, the most advanced technique in the hair transplant industry.
This revolutionary system uses pneumatic controls to precisely extract complete individual hair follicles which can be immediately transplanted to the selected areas of the scalp. The NeoGraft automated hair transplantation system is the only complete harvesting system on the market and has the only ‘NO TOUCH’ implantation technology.
Hair Restoration with NeoGraft technology provides absolute exact harvesting and placement, delivering repeatable results. With NeoGraft’s technology each follicle is removed individually while the patient is comfortable. A natural looking head of hair is created with this minimally-invasive procedure.
Hair loss can be a very emotional part of the natural aging process, and seeking ways to curb this process used to be a challenge. NeoGraft’s advanced technology offers a discrete solution to hair loss, allowing patients to achieve natural looking results with no linear scar, minimal downtime and a shorter recovery period. Hair restoration with the NeoGraft procedure is unnoticeable, making it your secret to tell.
- Superior Results – More natural looking hair, short or long for both men and women.
- Advanced Technology – Automated technology, least invasive procedure for hair transplantation.
- Gentle – Little to no discomfort. No scalpel incision, no staples, no linear scar.
- Effective – Less activity restrictions than traditional strip methods.
- Discrete – Patients can typically go back to work the next day.
- Affordable – We have programs available to meet your exact needs.
Benefits of the FUE Method:
- FUE hair transplant is a very safe, minimally invasive, relatively minor procedure
- Minimal bleeding and fewer complications than with the “strip” method
- Procedure is performed with local anesthetic and no intravenous or intra-muscular sedation is required
- Patients experience minimal discomfort, no scalpel incision, no sutures, no linear scar and quick recovery times
- And Many More!
The NeoGraft Automated FUE is also a useful procedure to fix visible linear scars from previous “strip” surgeries. FUE can be used to ‘fill in’ or camouflage those old scars by transplanting new follicles into the area.
PERMANENT HAIR RESTORATION
We use the Neograft FUE system for permanent hair restoration. NeoGraft is the ONLY FDA-cleared Class 1 device for hair restoration with no scarring. Our hair restoration team will use this minimally invasive method to harvest and implant individual hair follicles, instead of cutting a strip of skin from a donor site (the old strip method).
Results are IMMEDIATE and NATURAL! You will leave being able to see the grafts in place. Hair transplant is the ONLY permanent solution to hair loss using your own natural hair from the posterior scalp which is usually least affected by any hair loss condition.
- Hair grows in cycles, the hair implanted will shed for 2-4 weeks and then will be replaced by new fully functioning hair
- Results will continue to get better each week with full realization at 9-12 months post procedure
- Our method is superior to manual extraction (greater than 90%) and leaves absolutely NO SCAR
- NeoGraft is ideal for all hair types & colors with natural looking results
- The procedure can take 4-6 hours depending on number of grafts with very little discomfort
- You are awake during the procedure with oral and local anesthesia to make you relaxed
- Minimal discomfort & downtime means you can resume activities the next day
- 95% “Worth It” Rating on RealSelf.com, one of the highest rated procedures in Cosmetics (Better than Botox, Coolsculpting, Lasik, and Invisalign). Check out the before & after pics.
- Cost is based on the number of grafts placed, Dr. Mays will determine if you are a candidate and the best number of grafts during your visit
Dr. Rana Mays is a Dual- Board-Certified Dermatologist. Dermatologist are the ONLY medical doctors who specialize in all conditions of the hair, skin, and nails. Not all hair loss is the same (there are more than a 100 different causes). And not all hair transplant surgeons are created the same. Experience and training matters to ensure proper diagnosis, correct treatment options, and proper technique. Your consultation visit is always performed by Dr. Mays herself. She will examine you first to determine your diagnosis and determine the best evidence-based treatment options for you. During the procedure, Dr. Mays is hands-on with the elite team of technicians to ensure the best technique and results. Dr. Mays will couple PRP stem cell restoration on the day of your hair transplantation. This is shown to increase efficacy, thickness, lessen shedding, and overall improve the final result.
We understand that it is often difficult to book an appointment with a Board-Certified Dermatologist. Please fill out the contact form below and a member of our team will call you back to schedule. PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS AN APPOINTMENT REQUEST ONLY. The next step will be a call from our office to confirm your information, insurance and date/time.
241 Sears Ave. Suite 103, Louisville, KY 40207
For Sagis Pathology: Please contact Sagis Billing Department directly at 1-877-697-2447
For all other Billing Inquiries: Please contact our Billing Department directly at 1-888-222-2125
Monday - Friday: 9:00AM - 5:00PM
Copyright 2018 © Mays Dermatology & Cosmetic Center. All Rights Reserved.